Reporting to the Head of Compliance, Europe and Asia located in Luxembourg, the Director will act as the key person to oversee and manage financial crime related risks – Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, Sanctions, Bribery and Corruption risks (“ML/TF risks”) while setting the strategic directions for ML/TF risks management and controls for our client and its subsidiaries and branches.
As the second line of defence, the Director will be responsible for the effectiveness of our client controls and for assisting the implementation processes to identify ML/TF risks that consider clients, products, distribution channels, complexity and types of transactions, systems and the internal operating and regulatory environment in line with our client's group, European and Luxembourg Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorists Financing (“AML/CTF”) requirements. In his position of Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer, the Director will be required to analyze the internal suspicion reports and escalate the cases to the MLRO and dealing with the local authorities, as appropriate.
Your responsibilities :
• Provide independent assurance on the effectiveness and adequacy of AML/CTF regulatory compliance practices and controls and the status of compliance as applicable to our client and its branches and subsidiaries.
• Establishment and maintain the integrated, risk based AML/CTF compliance programs covering our client and its subsidiaries and branches in accordance with applicable laws/regulations and our client’s compliance standards including:
- Identification and assessment of applicable ML/TF related regulatory and compliance risk;
- Design and maintenance of policies and procedures to address the identified ML/TF risks;
- Design and maintenance of appropriate training and competence programs related to AML/CTF;
- Implementation and maintenance of appropriate compliance monitoring programs and related systems, as well as oversight processes covering our client and its subsidiaries and branches;
- Escalation of significant AML/CTF regulatory and compliance risk issues and deficiencies to the MLRO.
• Develop appropriate AML/CTF related management information for quarterly Boards, Committees and Working Groups.
• Assist the MLRO in managing the external regulatory relationship with the ECB/CSSF, and other regulators as appropriate, as well as the internal and external auditors.
• Identify forthcoming regulatory developments impacting business units and in conjunction with key business and functional stakeholders develop/participate in appropriate Steering Committees and Working Groups to implement AML/CTF related regulatory developments.
Your profile :
• University Degree in the area of Law, Economics, Business Administration or similar.
• Strong knowledge of the AML/CTF regulatory environment related to the activities of a bank and/or financial industry to be able to embrace regulations in the light of our client's activity.
• Ability to engage with and be accessible to stakeholders with strong oral and written communication skills.
• Good working level of English.
• Management experience
• Proven track record in a similar position within the banking industry in Luxembourg.
• Experience with project managements of large regulatory projects.
If you identify yourself with the requirements of this challenging position, do not hesitate to fill the apply form.
Please apply with your CV to: